Lucky Consequences, November 22–26, 2018, Naish Holiday Village, Christchurch, Dorset
Lucky Consequences starts in 9 days, 13 hours and 9 minutes!
Stars of Al Ashtara
Just beyond the next dune on the Eastern horizon rises the gleaming city of Al-Ashtara, renowned for its exotic wares and exquisite tastes. There are whispers, however, that the Caliphate might be starting to unravel - a fact which has not escaped the notice of those who wish to take advantage of the weakening rule. Friend and foe alike cast their eyes towards the night skies, looking to read their destinies in the stars...and perhaps find the means to change their own fate.
Enter a world where allegiances shift like the desert sands, where the schemes are as intricate as the silks - and in the bustling marketplace the only thing more elusive than the sweet smell of incense on the desert breeze is the band of thieves slipping between the merchants' stalls. The Stars of Al-Ashtara illuminate the enchantment, mystery, and danger that await you in an Arabian bazaar - where everyone has a secret.
Stars of Al-Ashtara is a traditional theatre-style larp of dark intrigue, high romance, politics, secrets, wonder, danger, and more that brings together larger-than-life characters of all walks of life. This larp is inspired more by stories (particularly 'A Thousand and One Nights') and movies of the period than by real history.
- The legends that form the basis for this LARP are heavily steeped in romance. Most characters will have one or more romantic connections.
- The game will feature a mix of interpersonal roleplay, adventures, mysteries, and political intrigue.
- This game will contain some magic, mystery, academic research, and enchantments. These will generally take the form of clockwork devices, alchemy, astronomical prophecies, and perhaps a cave of wonder.
- If the stars align unfavourably, there may be character death. Should this happen, it will not occur until very near the end of the game.
- Religion will not be a focus of this this LARP.
- Content warnings: Arranged or forced marriages, societal restrictions, slavery, violence, and tragic/doomed love.
|Author(s):||Brian Richburg & Alison Joy Schafer|
|Game EMail:||tony AT tonymitton DOT com|
|Lead GM:||Tony Mitton|
|Organization:||Lovers & Madmen|
|Information for Players:||
At least some costuming is encouraged in this game. Character sheets are a few pages long, with some additional bluesheets.
|Male Players:||Min: 15 / Max: 15|
|Female Players:||Min: 10 / Max: 10|
|Neutral Players:||Min: 0 / Max: 0|
|Total Players:||Min: 25 / Max: 25|
|You must be logged in to signup for this game|
Second year at Consequences, traveling from Boston. Consequences Bid Com member. Intercon Proposal Com member. NEIL board member. Editor of Game Wrap. NELCO staff. LARP blogger. Live-combat and theater style enthusiast. Costume Diva. Anglophile. Fairy/poiston type Pokémon.
LARP magis, LARP optimum.
AJ appears under a contract from Rent-A-GM™.