Fabulous Consequences, November 22–25, 2012, Naish Holiday Village, Christchurch, Dorset Fabulous Consequences starts in -3225 days, -9 hours and -58 minutes!
Welcome to Blandings Castle!
Midsummer Mischief is set in PG Wodehouse's absurd world of England's leisured upper class in the early part of the 20th century. This is a place where people shout "Wot ho!" and "You bounder!" and even "That's just not cricket!" A word of warning: this is not the real world. Here follows some useful (and not-so-useful) starting points:
1. It is always hay-harvest weather in England: 54 holes of golf a day, or a swim before breakfast in the lake, morning in the hammocks under the cedars, tea on the lawn, and coffee on the terrace after dinner.
2. Money is something you should inherit, get monthly as an allowance from your uncle, or win at the races.
3. Small dogs bite your ankles.
4. Babies are hideously ugly.
5. Young boys are fiends.
6. Aunts are harridans.
7. Butlers have port in their pantries.
8. All decent-sized country houses have cellars, coal-sheds and potting sheds for locking people in.
9. Most handsome men have feet of clay.
10. No decent man may cancel, or even refuse, an engagement to a girl.
11. Blandings Castle is traditionally infested with impostors.
12. Men and girls in love think only of marriage.
13. Rose gardens turn a girl's thoughts to romance.
14. A bedroom scene is either when you discover that someone has made you an apple-pie bed, or when one or more people come and search your room for policemen's helmets or miscreants hiding under your bed.
15. All married couples have separate bedrooms.
16. It is every young man's duty to steal policemen's helmets.
|Author(s):||Nathan Gribble, Steve Hatherley, Heidi Kaye and Paul Snow|
|Game EMail:||heidi DOT kaye AT blueyonder DOT co DOT uk|
|Lead GM:||Heidi Kaye|
|Information for Players:||1920s/30s costuming is recommended for atmosphere, but not required. Character sheets will be two pages and there will be about three pages of other information. The game is for 25 characters, 13 male and 12 female. The 4 gender neutral characters are the 'aunts' who are female characters who can be played by men, like pantomime dames. That's why the numbers of players I've listed are as they are. I took 4 off the females to make 4 gender neutral.|
|Male Players:||Min: 10 / Max: 13|
|Female Players:||Min: 6 / Max: 8|
|Neutral Players:||Min: 2 / Max: 4|
|Total Players:||Min: 18 / Max: 25|
|You must be logged in to signup for this game|
You were born in America, but have spent your entire adult life in Britain. Having been introduced to freeforms at the first Convulsion twenty years ago, you have written quite a few yourself over the past fifteen years. Your secret identity as the Stuart heir to the throne has not yet been revealed, so you must be on your guard against agents of the Germanic line of the family. Your abilities include fast talk, carrying a big stick, and immortalising your cats in games. Your main goal: run Midsummer Mischief to build up your loyal following so that you may at last rightfully take the throne in the usurper’s so-called ‘jubilee year’.